Local Marin Businesses- Eco-Friendly Products
Resilient Neighborhoods is actively compiling a list of local businesses in Marin County that offer products or services to help our participants reach their carbon reduction goals. We started in southern Marin and will keep building this list! Know about a Marin business that should be included here? Write to RNOutreachAssociate@gmail.com .
- California Native Plant Nursery in Mill Valley sells native plants, USDA organic fruit Trees, veggies & herbs for eco-conscious gardeners.
- O’Donnells Fairfax Nursery is a staunch advocate of California Native Habitat Restoration and organic horticultural practices. Owner Paul O'Donnell is a wealth of knowledge.
- Fairfax Backyard Farmer. Shift from a consumer to a producer by using the products and resources offered by Fairfax Backyard Farmer to use your kitchen, garden and backyard to grow food and support biodiversity. Owner Jimmy Normandi is an Resilient Neighborhoods graduate!
- The Urban Farmer Store provides irrigation and lighting solutions for landscaping. They offer laundry-to-landscape gray water classes among others .
- Mad Dogs & Englishmen is a Carmel-based family owned and operated bicycle lifestyle merchant, with a second retail location at the Mill Valley Lumber Yard. They carry both standard and electric bikes.
- The New Wheel is owned by bay area locals Brett and Karen Thurber. They have shops in San Francisco and Larkspur and specialize in quality electric bikes.
- Driver's Market is a grocery store in Sausalito focusing on local & natural products, with an organic juice bar & deli (Reusable bags welcome!)
- Flour Craft Bakery in Mill Valley and San Anselmo is a gluten free bakery & cafe, offering a large selection of artisan pastries, fresh breads, and plant based meals.
- Good Earth Natural Foods, a grocery store located in Fairfax and Mill Valley, is committed to providing healthy organic food and supporting a sustainable food system. They have many products available in the bulk section. (Reusable bags welcome!)
- Mill Valley Market is a family owned and operated market since 1929 and supports locally-produced products and are committed to sustainability.
- Urban Remedy offers fresh organic, ready-to-eat meals, juices and snacks.
- Ambatalia in Mill Valley seeks to eliminate the unnecessary waste of single-use products. Her products are crafted from natural, and sustainable material. (20% off for Resilient Neighborhoods graduates!)
- The Prevalent Project is a modern home store in Mill Valley with a focus on quality, craftsmanship and sustainability.
- EO products (shampoos, soaps, etc.) at local retailers (based in San Rafael).
- Black Mountain Beauty Local, organic, beauty products with no plastic packaging (shampoo bars, sunscreen, tooth powder, and more!)
- Solstice Mercantile- Fairfax and Sustainable Exchange-Novato offer plastic-free locally-made options for personal care products.